Table of Contents

Hi, I was thinking that after a while of making posts, It might be hard to find some of them so I've decided to make a table of contents. Just click the link of the post you want to see and you will be redirected there...

As I make posts, I will put them on the table of contents...

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Evelyn Glennie: Shows How to Listen

A couple days ago, we watched a "TED Talks" video about a deaf person named that Evelyn Glennie taught people how to listen. Something that I noticed about her performance was that very small differences in pitches that may even be inaudible to the human ear can easily be felt. When she played the Marimba, she payed a song that made me feel energized. Her movements and the tone of the song helped create this feeling. One element of her performance was body movements. When she pretended to hit the keys on the Marimba, the audiance imagined notes, but nothing was played. Each person experiences music differently because each song can give someone a different feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click this to go back to the top